By Wayne Boesiger - October 5, 2010
Before I start this weeks column, I must mention that on September 30th, President Jimmy Carter turned over the Panama Canal to Panama. Not only was he good at giving hugs to thugs and the world’s dictators, he was great at sacrificing our national interests as President. He is thankful the new president might actually take up the banner for worst president ever.
- On October 4th, 1946, Chuck Hagel was born. For all of us who complained that Chuck was less conservative than we would have liked, at least we knew where he stood on most issues. He supported Obama over his fellow Vietnam vet McCain and at least he is not named Ben Nelson.
- On October 4th, 1988 TV Pastor Jim Bakker was indicted for Fraud. Last seen, he was seen giving legal advice to Pastor Eddie Long and still paying his former wife’s Avon and Kleenex bill.
- On October 6th, 1981 Anwar Sadat, President of Egypt and one of the participants in the Camp David Peace Accord, was assassinated. Wish to take a guess which religion of peace the assassinators belong to who shot him?
- Kevin Cronin, Lead Singer of REO Speedwagon (Take It On the Run), turns 59 years old on October 6th. Last seen he was squeezing into Loverboy’s Mike Reno’s famed leather pants. As I write this, more hair just fell off my already balding head!!
- Joy Behar, one of the Liberal hacks who co hosts The View, was born on October 7th, 1943. Scientists are now starting to see a correlation between her birth and Global Warming from all of the Hot Air she puts out each and every day. Her carbon dioxide output is equal to several volcanoes each year.
- Allen Ginsburg, the most famous of the “Beat” Poets (sex, drugs,and song), has his first public reading of the poem “Howl” on October 7th, 1955. On October 7th, 2010, the question is asked: Does anyone outside of the Obama Administration care?”
- On October 7th, 2010, the Nebraska Cornhuskers take the Kansas State Wildcats to the woodshed in Manhattan. The farewell tour begins with a 49-17 stomping and Bo Pelini will actually shake Bill Snyder’s hand before and after the game out of pity.
- October 7th, 2003 sees Republican Arnold Schwarzenegger elected Governor of California. He stops pumping iron and starts pumping up the state debt. He spends the next 2 terms keeping the voters of California guessing as to whether they voted for a Democrat or Republican.
- Jesse ‘Nutcracker’ Jackson was born on October 8th, 1941. We will write it in rhyme for Mr. Jackson…Jesse was born on this day, and has since tried to make political hay, for those of you who share this date, you have our condolences here at Red State (Report).
- October 9th, 2001 saw the second mailing of the Anthrax Letters from Trenton, New Jersey. Focus was put on Dr. Bruce Ivins, who would not comment/cooperate without his lawyer present. As the law’s noose began to tighten the doctor ended up committing suicide, by overdosing, before investigators could arrest him…Looks like he take a taste of his own medicine.
Please feel free to add any events or births that I may have missed. Also, you can comment on any of these tidbits of history in the form below. Thanks for stopping by and for all of the support you give to the Red State Report