By Publius Reversio - July 17, 2011
On Tuesday President Obama stated he cannot guarantee retirees will receive their Social Security checks August 3″ absent an agreement with Congress to raise the debt ceiling.
I composed this, my prayer for America:
Dear Lord, If, on August 2, 2011, the full faith and credit of the United States becomes meaningless, our debts become due, and the Country plunges into depression, I pray you for the following:
1. May the economic collapse of the United States come during our lifetimes, that we can help the United States rebuild, instead of pushing on our failings and debt to future generations.
2. May the people of America learn and remember the history of the world and how truly blessed we are as Americans. May they know their Constitution, understand markets and private property rights, and the cause their prosperity.
3. May the people of America learn there is no such thing as a free lunch. May the people of America learn the only way to build the economy is for the consensual exchange of goods and services that add real value to people’s lives and through increases in productivity.
4. May the people of America understand the Laffer Curve and that high taxes do not equate to high revenue; and that their government is not Santa Claus and cannot be all things to all people. We cannot tax and redistribute our way to prosperity.
5. May the people of America learn the value of living beneath their means, saving, and enjoying the fruits of compound interest.
6. May the future recipients of food stamps, Medicaid, and other government programs actually be the people who need the assistance and may it be only temporarily.
7. May the people who give away their assets to their family to qualify for Medicaid die before the end of their five-year look-back period.
8. May the one in seven Americans using food stamps also not be morbidly obese. May we eat less and exercise more.
9. May the people who cannot govern their own behavior in a free society not also be the same people who are having the most children.
10. May the United States Congress finally develop the testicular fortitude to make difficult choices to cut unnecessary spending and say “NO” to special interests, just as we are forced to do in our household budgets.
11. May the Members of the Appropriations Committees have pangs of conscience that they forebear from adding unnecessary pork for their districts to Appropriations Bills. And may they be struck by lightening if they fail to do so.
12. May we stop asking government to do those things we can do for ourselves and each other.
13. May the countries where we send foreign aid also not be the same countries whose citizens are conspiring to kill Americans.
14. May there be elections to toss the largest number of incumbent politicians out of office there ever was that they may return to productive sectors of society and learn the virtues of the private sector.
15. May the next President of the United States not get elected simply because of Bush/Clinton political dynasty fatigue and America’s guilt over vestiges of racism and segregation.
Please feel free to take My Prayer for America and re-post it wherever you feel necessary.
No related posts.