By Skip Chatterson - September 13, 2011
This bill is a jobs bill like none other! Well, except it looks a lot like all his other job creating ideas. Let’s take a look at the ideas the President highlighted and stressed (like a used cars salesman) should be passed right now.
- Tax breaks for new hires: Even the extreme left wing New York Times had an article discussing the likelihood that this idea will once again fail. Why would a business hire new employees just to get the tax break, if they still face the fact people are not buying their products? This idea is an over used Obama idea that has never lead to any new hires. These are the ideas that come from a person who has never been involved in the economy (other than scheduling a vacation and buying Michelle all the stuff she demands).
- Tax the rich: Normally I would rail against this idea, but there is one exception here. Obama should go after his friend, who has lamented numerous times that he is not taxed enough, Warren Buffett. Now we know the truth, it’s not that Buffett isn’t taxed enough, it’s the fact he hasn’t paid some taxes….one billion dollars of unpaid taxes. This tax evasion dates as far back as 2002. Hey Warren, pay your taxes before you spout off.
- Cutting the Social Security Tax (FICA) for both employee and employer: Never let it be said that I am against any tax break, but wasn’t it the Democrats who screamed the Republicans were going to destroy Social Security by allowing 2% of younger individuals social security taxes to be placed in a 401K plan. Obama is allowing Americans (and illegal aliens) to keep much more than 2%. Ultimately it doesn’t matter because Rick Perry was correct (to the chagrin of the mass media), social security is the biggest Ponzi scheme in history.
- Increasing unemployment benefits: At least Obama has realized that the current extension of unemployment benefits for 3 years isn’t enough under his failed economy. Judging from past statements by Nancy Pelosi (food stamps helps to stimulate the economy) and Obama’s comments about unemployment benefits being good for the economy, obviously what is needed to get this economy really rolling is to have every American dependant on food stamps or unemployment, and the way it’s going we are getting close to that.
Now lets look at Obama’s job creation history.
- Prevented Boeing from opening a factory in South Carolina (a right to work state) and told them they had to open the factory in Washington state. Obama has cost thousands of jobs in South Carolina. I would not be surprised if Boeing opened up the proposed factory south of the border.
- The DOJ Raided factories of Gibson Guitars, stealing $500,000 in imported wood from Madagascar. The DOJ, lead by Eric Holder, took a Madagascar law which stated that ‘wood bought in Madagascar had to have labor from Madagascar finish the product’. The Madagascar Commerce Department did not enforce its own law when it came to Gibson Guitar so as to help American jobs. Obama and Holder don’t see it that way, in an interview Henry Juszkiewicz (CEO of Gibson and republican donor) gave with The Chris Daniels show:
CHRIS DANIEL: Mr. Juszkiewicz, did an agent of the US government suggest to you that your problems would go away if you used Madagascar labor instead of American labor?
HENRY JUSZKIEWICZ: They actually wrote that in a pleading.
CHRIS DANIEL: Excuse me?
HENRY JUSKIEWICZ: They actually wrote that it a pleading.
CHRIS DANIEL: That your problems would go away if you used Madagascar labor instead of our labor?
HENRY JUSKIEWICZ: Yes
Guess what kind of state Gibson Guitar resides in? Tennessee, a right to work state.
Obama is not really about jobs, he is about getting re-elected without really doing anything about the unemployment situation, unless you are a union thug.
No related posts.