By Skip Chatterson - December 18, 2012
Not everybody is happy about this, especially people in Nebraska who had their dislike for Hagel validated with his blood-brother ties to Obama. Nebraskan’s aren’t the only group having heartburn over Chuck Hagel having any major role in any administration, let alone this administration.
Democrat and Republican Jewish groups are vehemently opposed to Hagel’s potential nomination.
Jewish leaders recently visited the White House for a Hanukah dinner, but the visit wasn’t purely celebratory. A great number of the Jewish leaders expressed their concerns over a possible Hagel nomination.
Claims by a Democrat Jewish operative stated: “Hagel is one of the worst Senators in his party in memory when it comes to Israel”.
What has all these Jewish leaders worried? The National Jewish Democratic Council had listed reasons to worry about Hagel with respect to Israel and the Jewish community at large:
- In August 2006, Hagel was one of only 12 senators who refused to write the EU asking them to declare Hezbollah a terrorist organization.
- In October of 2000 Hagel was one of only 4 senators who refused to sign a senate letter of support of Israel.
- In November 2001, Hagel was one of only 11 senators who refused to sign a letter urging President Bush not to meet Yassir Arafat until his forces had ended the violence against Israel.
- In December 2005, Hagel was one of only 27 senators who refused to sign a letter to President Bush to pressure the Palestinian Authorities to ban terrorist groups from participating in the Palestinian legislative elections.
- In June 2004, Hagel refused to sign a letter urging President Bush to highlight Iran’s nuclear program at the G-8 summit.
- He doesn’t like Matzah Ball soup.
Now I understand why Obama wants to nominate Chuckie. He’s anti-semetic and pro-Muslim. Perfect for the Obama administration. This also could explain Chuckie’s hatred toward President Bush. Bush invaded Muslim lands, that is forbidden in the Muslim religion.
Am I saying Hagel is a Muslim? No! I don’t even know if the guy believes in God, but he obviously doesn’t support Israel or the Jewish community.
Chuckie is another one of those “great moderates of history” that every public library has donated a special wing to, so others can read of their great achievements. Hagel’s great moderate achievements happens to be– he supported the most divisive and radical person ever elected to be president, and they share common enemies….Conservatives and Jews!